“Every writer is in the free speech business.” —E.L. Doctorow
Your membership to PEN New England is a passport to a worldwide literary community, an international fellowship of writers and readers, editors, publishing professionals, and activists working together to promote literary culture and defend free expression.
At the same time, membership grants you entry to our extensive calendar of celebrations, special events, and the rich tradition of literary excellence that New England has been known for since the founding of the country.
PEN New England members also enjoy simultaneous membership in PEN American Center, with all the benefits accorded therein, and makes you part of the greater PEN world, with its vast network of initiatives.
Members are ambassadors of PEN, helping us advocate for the issues at the heart of writing: free expression and the right to read and write whatever you wish. Don’t take it for granted. Celebrate it and support it. Join our ranks and join PEN New England today.
- Invitations to our programs, literary celebrations, and Members-only special events
- Simultaneous membership in PEN American Center
- Discounts to public programs, including the PEN World Voices Festival of International Literature
- Complimentary access to the online database Grants and Awards Available to American Writers
- A subscription to PEN America, the award-winning journal of PEN American Center
- A member profile on PEN.org, where you can join an online community of writers, editors, and readers (Professional Membership only)